What a bunch of bull some people try to feed us and have been fed by others. When I saw this I had to cringe.
The person who posted this titled it Peaceful Resistance Always. Of course she is a democrat and a supporter of Obama.
So what is the real story of Obama and Peaceful Resistance:
Obama embraced the US drone programme, overseeing more strikes in his first year than Bush carried out during his entire presidency. A total of 563 strikes, largely by drones, targeted Pakistan, Somalia and Yemen during Obama’s two terms, compared to 57 strikes under Bush. Between 384 and 807 civilians were killed in those countries, according to reports logged by the Bureau of Investigative Journalism.
That figure does not include deaths in active battlefields including Afghanistan – where US air attacks have shot up since Obama withdrew the majority of his troops at the end of 2014. The country has since come under frequent US bombardment, in an unreported war that saw 1,337 weapons dropped last year alone – a 40% rise on 2015.
Afghan civilian casualties have been high, with the United Nations (UN) reporting at least 85 deaths in 2016. The Bureau recorded 65 to 105 civilian deaths during this period. We did not start collecting data on Afghanistan until 2015.
|Total people reported killed||11-12||147-203||204-292||1389-1597|
|Civilians reported killed||1||0||3-5||65-101|
Notes on the data: The Bureau is not logging strikes in active battlefields except Afghanistan; strikes in Syria, Iraq and Libya are not included in this data. To see data for those countries, visit Airwars.org.
This is what Peaceful Resistance gets you.
and this bullshit is overwhelming we only need one photo even if there are many more: The Obama administration has insisted that drone strikes are so “exceptionally surgical and precise” that they pluck off terror suspects while not putting “innocent men, women and children in danger”.
and really folks. Did the Nobel committee lose their minds?
According to St. Pete for Peace here is a run down of peaceful resistance:
- Sent 3,500 U.S. troops and tanks to Russia’s doorstep in one of his final decisions as president.
- Obama ordered ten times more drone strikes than Bush.
- In 2016 alone Obama dropped 26,171 bombs (an average of 72 bombs every day).
- Put boots on the ground in Syria , despite 16 times saying “no boots on the ground”.
- Despite campaign pledges, planned a $1 trillion progam to add more nuclear weapons to the US arsenal in the next 30 years.
- Dropped bombs in 7 Muslim countries; and then bragged about it .
- Said, “I believe in American exceptionalism with every fiber of my being.”
- Bragged about his use of drones – I’m “really good at killing people”.
- Deported a modern-record 2 million immigrants.
- Signed the Monsanto Protection Act into law.
- Started a new war in Iraq .
- Initiated, and personally oversees a ‘Secret Kill List’.
- Pushed for war on Syria while siding with al-Qaeda .
- Backed neo-Nazis in Ukraine.
- Supported Israel’s wars and occupation of Palestine.
- Deployed Special Ops to 134 countries – compared to 60 under Bush.
- Did a TV commercial promoting “clean coal”.
- Drastically escalated the NSA spying program .
- Signed the NDAA into law – making it legal to assassinate Americans w/o charge or trial.
- Given Bush absolute immunity for everything.
- Pushed for a TPP Trade Pact .
- Started a new war on terror – this one on ISIS .
- Signed more executive memoranda than any other president in history.
- Transferred more than $100 billion in arms sales to Saudi Arabia, more than any other administration in history.
- Signed an agreement for 7 military bases in Colombia .
- Opened a military base in Chile.
- Touted nuclear power , even after the disaster in Japan.
- Opened up deepwater oil drilling, even after the BP disaster.
- Mandated the Insider Threat Program which orders federal employees to report suspicious actions of their colleagues.
- Defended body scans and pat-downs at airports.
- Signed the Patriot Act extension into law.
- Launched 20,000 Airstrikes in his first term.
- Continued Bush’s rendition program.
- Said the U.S. is the “one indispensable nation” in the world.
- Waged war on Libya without congressional approval.
- Started a covert, drone war in Yemen.
- Escalated the proxy war in Somalia.
- Escalated the CIA drone war in Pakistan.
- Sharply escalated the war in Afghanistan.
- Repealed the Propaganda ban, making it legal to spread government propaganda via news outlets.
- Assassinated 4 US citizens with drone strikes.
This was the general attitude among the liberals and around this neck of the woods with the liberal democrat LGBT folks. We do not know who the women is in the above photo but she says it all. I know many of our LGBT folks looked the other way as Obama gave the community what they wanted. Many gains were made during his years as president for the community but we remember that the world does not revolve around our gains and others losses. We know that deportations of many of our people and of many others increased dramatically under Obama: Here is a statement that we know is true:
How many people have been deported under Obama? President Barack Obama has often been referred to by immigration groups as the “Deporter in Chief.” Between 2009 and 2015 his administration has removed more than 2.5 million people through immigration orders, which doesn’t include the number of people who “self-deported” or were turned away and/or returned to their home country at the border by U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP). Ask Jennicet Gutierrez of Familia TQLM a group who advocates for LGBTQ immigrants, she can tell you. Ms. Gutierrez was removed from the Obama White House when she interrupted him during a PRIDE celebration to the cheers of the white LGBT advocates who had gathered there. Another example of we got ours, shut up! Ms. Gutierrez had this to say about her action(let us say right out now we supported her then and we support her efforts now)
“Last night I spoke out to demand respect and acknowledgement of our gender expression and the release of the estimated 75 transgender immigrants in detention right now. There is no pride in how LGBTQ immigrants are treated in this country and there can be no celebration with an administration that has the ability to keep us detained and in danger or release us to freedom.
It is heartbreaking to see how raising these issues were received by the president and by those in attendance. In the tradition of how Pride started, I interrupted his speech because it is time for our issues and struggles to be heard. I stood for what is right. Instead of silencing our voices, President Obama can also stand and do the right thing for our immigrant LGBTQ community.” (2)
You know we are not use to kicking a dead horse but it does make us pissed when we see the same folks out in the streets protesting the current regime in DC who never came out against Obama. They are so full of shit and should be called out.
NOT ONE MORE!!
Now we know damn well what we are facing with trump in power and we can only imagine what the hell will be coming down the road. One thing we have learned so far is be very watchful of the groups who are now protesting. Many are people who are fronts for the democrats and that is as far as they will go. On this site we know that the other candidate would have been just an extension of the Obama administration maybe worse as far as using the beating stick of amerikkka and we can only imagine what a force we would be up against if Ms Boom Boom had won. Jesus we can only hear them now. Of course then they would excuse us of being sexist, and against the first women president.
(2) I interrupted President Obama because we need to be heard. Statement by Jennicet Gutierrez. for a video of Ms. Gutierrez at the White House see HERE.